Dr. Benedetto specializes in LASIK laser vision correction surgery and Premium Cataract lens surgery. He is a certified LASIK and femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgeon. Dedicated to the traditional practice of medicine, he emphasizes and manages patient expectations, always placing the doctor-patient relationship at the core of his practice.
In consultation, he shares his personal history of cataract and vision correction surgery, discussing surgical outcomes compared to national statistics and the latest technology which may be applicable to each patient’s needs.
He does not delegate a patient’s medical care to other physicians, paraprofessionals, or technicians. Instead, he personally attends each patient from the initial consultation through the preoperative assessment and postoperative evaluations. He realizes that there is something to be learned from each aspect of patient care, which can improve the quality of his surgical result and service.
- RESIDENCY: 1978-1981, The Wills Eye Institute, Philadelphia, PA
- INTERNSHIP: 1976, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC
- MEDICAL SCHOOL: 1975, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL
- 1981-1993, Associate Attending Surgeon, Wills Eye Institute,Philadelphia, PA
PRACTICE LOCATIONS: Morristown and Bayonne, NJ
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Inside Jersey Magazine, Top Doctors 2010- 2016
- New York Metro Area, Top Doctor 2009-2013